Monday, February 29, 2016

Nintendo Case Study

          I was very surprised that Nintendo wasn’t the most successful group among'st the video game console company. Growing up with a Wii and Game boy I assumed that Nintendo was bound to be at the top of the video game chain. I didn’t realize how successful Sony and Microsoft were until I reached my teenage years and actually purchased an Xbox 360 myself. This is when I started to see why Nintendo was a distant 3rd on the list between the two powerhouse companies of Microsoft and Sony. It appears that Nintendo gaming systems appeal more to younger audiences and Sony and Microsoft gaming systems appeal more to teenage and up audiences. 
          Nintendo took a very large risk when they introduced the Wii U because it was simply a repeat of the regular Wii just with different controls. Unlike Microsoft and Sony who when upgrading their systems created new perks to their systems.  

5 words that connected with the Nintendo case study are sponsorship, synergy, revenue, promotion and ancillary product. Sponsorship is the promotion of a company in association with a property. Synergy is a combined action that occurs when products owned by one source promote the growth of related products. Revenue is the total gross income. Promotion is any form of communication to persuade people to buy a product. And an ancillary product is a product related to or created from the core product. These 5 terms all connect to the Nintendo case study.The new wiiU would be an ancillary product, Nintendo promotes the wii and wii u all over the U.S. Nintendo's total revenue is far behind both Sony and Microsoft.


I would like to research under Armour as a class because I know that they weren't very popular about a decade ago but after they brought out all this new dri-fit athletic gear, they have started to take over the sports clothing industry. It had always been Nike for years but in the last 3-4 years under Armour has made a surge in their earnings especially for winter gear. I myself have invested in much more Under Armour than Nike the past few years because it is much cheaper and just as good I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment